Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Ryan Rhodes <ry...@hotmail.com> on 2004/11/17 18:10:17 UTC

CVS Commit Messages not going to the dev list

Hi,

I am still not getting my cvs commit messages posted to the dev list.
Oliver posted a message about this, but I haven't been able to get it
working yet from that.

Could someone throw me a few tips on this?

thanks,
Ryan Rhodes

Re: CVS Commit Messages not going to the dev list

Posted by Michael Smith <ms...@speedlegal.com>.
Ryan Rhodes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am still not getting my cvs commit messages posted to the dev list.
> Oliver posted a message about this, but I haven't been able to get it
> working yet from that.
>
> Could someone throw me a few tips on this?
>
> thanks,
> Ryan Rhodes

Usually, this is because you're committing as a user like
foobar@apache.org (probably not 'foobar', though :-), but are subscribed
to the list only as ryanshaerhodes@hotmail.com.

As an anti-spam measure, mail from non-subscribers is presumably blocked
(I'm not certain about the configuration of this particular list, but
this is pretty likely). I think there are people (but I don't know who
they currently are) who are list moderators - they can approve
individual mails or white-list your apache address so that the cvs
messages can get through.

So you just need to convince one of the Unknown Moderators to do this :-)

Mike

Re: CVS Commit Messages not going to the dev list

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>.
The moderator should be able to allow all messages from your apache
adress without you having to subscribe to the dev list explicitly. I am
only subscribed with my company address and I don't have any problems.

--
Unico

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.

AFAIK  Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Re: CVS Commit Messages not going to the dev list

Posted by Guido Casper <gc...@s-und-n.de>.
Ryan Rhodes wrote:
> I am still not getting my cvs commit messages posted to the dev list.

Same here. Who is moderator for slide-dev?

Guido

Re: CVS Commit Messages not going to the dev list

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
I just issued a mail to

slide-dev-allow-subscribe-rrhodes=apache.org@jakarta.apache.org

which will allow rrhodes@apache.org allow to post to the dev list
without being subscribed, Ryan will get a message now that he will
have to respond to to confirm.

This is something anyone could do with his/her own email address
without being a moderator.

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hey, Ryan,

what did you commit anyway? Just curious as we did not see any commit message...