Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2013/11/22 17:36:52 UTC

Early review of DUCC pre-release - DUCC Web Server

The docs say this is accessed at port 42133.  Is this configurable?
------

The docs mention two display modes: scroll mode and classic mode.  The website
has "Table Style" for scroll/classic.  Is Table Style the same as "Display Modes"?

------
A recent version of the ducc webserver I tried (not sure if it's the
identical-to-trunk level), had some issues:
In Google Chrome browser,  switching to Scroll mode made the header row have
column widths that were much wider than the rest of the data in the table, so
they didn't line up (even after trying both kinds of "reloading");  Firefox
didn't have this issue.  Is there a "recommended/required" browser people need
to use?

Another issue was (in Firefox) the header columns don't re-size (in scroll mode)
when you change the browser width, even after refreshing with the "refresh"
button in the web page (but they do resize if you use firefox's own refresh button).

After picking a sort index, the direction arrows become very hard to see on that
column (the color / size makes it hard to see them).  There's no apparant way to
"undo" the sort picking; you can sort on another column, of course.  (And, I
discovered that if you do a firefox-refresh (not the special in-the-page refresh
button), it seems to undo the sort - not sure this is working as designed though).

Is any kind of multi-column sorting supported?  If I sort on one column, and
then pick on another column as the sort key, do items that have now have the
same sort key value, retain the ordering they had before the resort?

-Marshall

Re: Early review of DUCC pre-release - DUCC Web Server

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the several issues you raised here.  I believe that all have now
been addressed by Jira 3465.

Lou.