Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> on 2016/01/04 18:03:20 UTC

Re: Phoenix Query Server Placement

Hi Andreas,

As Jesse mentions, PQS is a relatively light-weight process; it's just
proxying phoenix queries. It will contain a connection instance for each
client and a cache of recently prepared statements. Eventually we hope to
make query execution stateless, and allow clients to transparently hit a
group of PQS instances via load-balancing -- they're just HTTP requests
after all. At such time, I imagine we'll see folks running a PQS as just
another "worker" node, running on all of or a subset of hosts running
region server processes.

Good luck,
-n