Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Todor Sergueev Petkov <t....@basalmed.uio.no> on 2003/08/05 16:40:22 UTC

[APPLICATION SCOPE] -How and Where to store in app scope

Hello everybody,
I have some objects that I would like to store in application scope. I
am useing Strust 1.1.

I have the following question:

	1. Where (in which Struts class) is the most convinient place to make
this.
	2. How can I store the objects at startup and than not have to do a
check
	   every time to see if the objects are there or not?

Thanks, Todor

Re: [APPLICATION SCOPE] -How and Where to store in app scope

Posted by Thomas Cornet <th...@cornet.name>.
IMHO, the best thing to do is to create a Plugin, where you'll store all
what you need to. The plugin init method is executed once while the servlet
container loads the webapp.

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/org/apache/struts/action/PlugIn.html

Thomas