Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Patrick Klein <pa...@bi-so.de> on 2006/11/30 14:51:24 UTC

Tapestry 4.1.1 and url rewriting

Hi!

For some reason, url-rewriting doesn't work since i switched from
tapestry 4.0.2 to 4.1.1
As in the old setup, cookies="false" is set in the Contrext-tag of the
applications context.xml but the session-context is lost after the first
click as the session is not encoded into the url. Adding the jsessionid
manually to the url gets me the needed reference the the session.
Using cookies the application works like charm but i need the ability to
use the application more the once simultaniously on one browser.

Can anyone help me out in this matter? Thanks :)

Patrick

Re: Tapestry 4.1.1 and url rewriting

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Right. Same answer as in the other thread. Fixed sometime last week.

On 12/4/06, Patrick Klein <pa...@bi-so.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using the following Context in tomcat:
>
> <Context docBase="/home/klein/bi-so/TapestryTest/context"
> path="/HelloWorld" reloadable="true" cookies="false"/>
>
> Even if i reject cookies from the application, url-rewriting doesn't
> work here.
> With Tapestry 4.0.2 everything works fine that way.
>
> Used Versions are:
> tomcat 5.5.20
> tapestry 4.1.1 svn (last friday, or snapshot from last friday)
>
> I couldn't test it further with this mornings svn-version as i run into
> an exception (posted AJAX and IE thread)
>
> Patrick
>
> > I'm not able to re-produce what you are saying so I'll probably need a
> > more definitive test case to proceed further. Mine involved simply
> > disabling cookies on the client side browser.
> >
> > On 11/30/06, Patrick Klein <pa...@bi-so.de> wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I'm using last night's svn-snapshot...
> >> I recognized this problem first when i switched to tapestry 4.1 and it
> >> is persistent till now, at least for me... :|
> >>
> >> Patrick

> >> the
> >> first
> >> jsessionid
> >> ability to

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: Tapestry 4.1.1 and url rewriting

Posted by Patrick Klein <pa...@bi-so.de>.
Hi!

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I'm not able to re-produce what you are saying so I'll probably need a
more definitive test case to proceed further. Mine involved simply
disabling cookies on the client side browser.

On 11/30/06, Patrick Klein <pa...@bi-so.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using last night's svn-snapshot...
> I recognized this problem first when i switched to tapestry 4.1 and it
> is persistent till now, at least for me... :|
>
> Patrick
> > jsessionid's should be getting encoded into the url properly. Perhaps
> > you aren't using the "most" up to date version of Tapestry possible.
> >
> > On 11/30/06, Patrick Klein <pa...@bi-so.de> wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> For some reason, url-rewriting doesn't work since i switched from
> >> tapestry 4.0.2 to 4.1.1
> >> As in the old setup, cookies="false" is set in the Contrext-tag of the
> >> applications context.xml but the session-context is lost after the first
> >> click as the session is not encoded into the url. Adding the jsessionid
> >> manually to the url gets me the needed reference the the session.
> >> Using cookies the application works like charm but i need the ability to
> >> use the application more the once simultaniously on one browser.
> >>
> >> Can anyone help me out in this matter? Thanks :)
> >>
> >> Patrick

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer

Re: Tapestry 4.1.1 and url rewriting

Posted by Patrick Klein <pa...@bi-so.de>.
Hi!

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.