Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by nf...@orange.com on 2013/11/12 09:42:21 UTC

[DISCUSS] Specific information for hypervisor

Hi all,

I write this e-mail to start (or restart) a discussion on the following topic :
How to send specific information to an hypervisor when we would like to be generic from
the CloudStack Management Server (or from the WS API) ?

e.g : Could be able to choose pci for Xen, etc.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/i#browse/CLOUDSTACK-3702

The goal is to find the best way to have this kind of feature in a next release if possible and almost
to keep, preserve the spirit of Cloudstack.

Best regards,

NB : Maybe, it's interesting to see this discussion before
[DISCUSS] Leaky abstractions [was review requests 13238, 13896, 14320]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cloudstack-dev/201310.mbox/%3cCAGQtxvYVZPLCYCGE1VmWUxfvt5Px0XDXwxmB5BwV5eDcEwuZ+g@mail.gmail.com%3e
[cid:image001.gif@01CEDF88.86FEB9B0]
____________________________
Nicolas Foata
Ingénieur
O/OF/DSIF/DFY/SDFY/RnB
Norsys pour Orange
Sophia Antipolis
nfoata.ext@orange.com<ma...@orange-ftgroup.com>
[cid:image002.gif@01CEDF88.86FEB9B0]

Thank you.

Re: [DISCUSS] Specific information for hypervisor

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Nicolas for opening the discussion. Since it is in the offering, I guess the user won't be able to see it (which is a good thing).
Is it a generic key/value set you want to send down? Can you take us through the flow of how the PCI passthrough would work? I would imagine the Allocator would need to be modified as well to know about this?

From: "nfoata.ext@orange.com<ma...@orange.com>" <nf...@orange.com>>
Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:42 AM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>" <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Cc: "cloudstack-dev@incubator.cloudstack.org<ma...@incubator.cloudstack.org>" <cl...@incubator.cloudstack.org>>