Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Joe McGonnell <jo...@hortonworks.com> on 2012/02/08 04:41:56 UTC

Subject: [ANN] Hadoop Summit Call for Papers Now Open

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the Call for Papers for this year's Hadoop Summit is currently open. Please visit www.hadoopsummit.org for more information. The submission deadline for abstracts is February 22nd.

This year's Hadoop Summit will be even bigger and better than past years. The conference has been expanded to two days (June 13th and 14th) and moved to the San Jose Convention Center. There are now six tracks (Future of Hadoop, Deployment and Operations, Enterprise Data Architecture, Applications and Data Science, Analytics and Business Intelligence and Hadoop in Action).

We are assembling a community-focused content selection committee that will include representatives from more than 20 companies involved in the Apache Hadoop space. The committee will be looking for presentations that involve compelling use cases and success stories, best practices and technical insights that help to advance the adoption of Apache Hadoop and related sub-projects.

We look forward to your submissions. Remember that each presenter receives a free all-access pass to Hadoop Summit.

Thanks,
The Hadoop Summit team