Posted to users@maven.apache.org by asookazian <as...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/02 19:30:33 UTC

Adding plugin to settings.xml

I'd like to add the following XML snippet to my settings.xml.  Is it
possible?  'mvn clean install' is successful (i.e. no errors) but the EAR is
not copied as it was when the XML snippet was in the parent POM.

<build>
                <pluginManagement>
                    <plugins>
                        <plugin>
                            <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                            <artifactId>jboss-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                            <configuration>
                                <serverName>all</serverName>

<fileName>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}.ear</fileName>
                            </configuration>
                            <executions>
                                <execution>
                                    <id>deploy-container</id>
                                    <phase>install</phase>
                                    <goals>
                                        <goal>harddeploy</goal>
                                    </goals>
                                </execution>
                            </executions>
                        </plugin>
                    </plugins>
                </pluginManagement>
            </build>

Re: Adding plugin to settings.xml

Posted by asookazian <as...@gmail.com>.
guess not: http://maven.apache.org/settings.html

Re: Adding plugin to settings.xml

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
On 02/07/2010 2:44 PM, Justin Edelson wrote:
> On 7/2/10 1:30 PM, asookazian wrote:
>
>> I'd like to add the following XML snippet to my settings.xml.  Is it
>> possible?  'mvn clean install' is successful (i.e. no errors) but the EAR is
>> not copied as it was when the XML snippet was in the parent POM.
>>
>> <build>
>>                  <pluginManagement>
>>                      <plugins>
>>                          <plugin>
>>                              <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>>                              <artifactId>jboss-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>>                              <configuration>
>>                                  <serverName>all</serverName>
>>
>> <fileName>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}.ear</fileName>
>>                              </configuration>
>>                              <executions>
>>                                  <execution>
>>                                      <id>deploy-container</id>
>>                                      <phase>install</phase>
>>                                      <goals>
>>                                          <goal>harddeploy</goal>
>>                                      </goals>
>>                                  </execution>
>>                              </executions>
>>                          </plugin>
>>                      </plugins>
>>                  </pluginManagement>
>>              </build>
>>

> no.

This is the sort of thing that goes into a parent pom which all of your
projects refer to.

Ron

Re: Adding plugin to settings.xml

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
On 7/2/10 1:30 PM, asookazian wrote:

> I'd like to add the following XML snippet to my settings.xml.  Is it
> possible?  'mvn clean install' is successful (i.e. no errors) but the EAR is
> not copied as it was when the XML snippet was in the parent POM.
>
> <build>
>                 <pluginManagement>
>                     <plugins>
>                         <plugin>
>                             <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>                             <artifactId>jboss-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>                             <configuration>
>                                 <serverName>all</serverName>
>
> <fileName>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}.ear</fileName>
>                             </configuration>
>                             <executions>
>                                 <execution>
>                                     <id>deploy-container</id>