Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Mueffke, Friedger" <f....@klopotek.de> on 2005/08/08 14:04:10 UTC

[m2] Import libs into pom file

Hi,

I try to get an existing project running using m2.

I have a large set of jar files and would like to get them into my pom
file and repository.

How would I do that? Do I have to add manually all files, create a
repository entry and copy the files to my repository?

Thanks,

Friedger

Re: [m2] Import libs into pom file

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 02:04:10PM +0200, Mueffke, Friedger wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I try to get an existing project running using m2.
>
> I have a large set of jar files and would like to get them into my pom
> file and repository.
>

> How would I do that? Do I have to add manually all files, create a
> repository entry and copy the files to my repository?

Yep. If you also expose the repository though a web server all of your
developers can share the artifacts.

--
Trygve

Re: [m2] Import libs into pom file

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 8/8/05, Mueffke, Friedger <f....@klopotek.de> wrote:
> How would I do that? Do I have to add manually all files, create a
> repository entry and copy the files to my repository?

Yes, if they are your own JAR files (instead of those on a public
repository like ibiblio).

The process is basically the same as Maven 1, which is well documented:
http://maven.apache.org/reference/internal-repositories.html

>From that, you would replace the repo.remote property with a
<repository> section in the POM, and all the deployment properties
with <distributionManagement> in the POM.

Cheers,
Brett