Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Roman Filkorn <Ro...@swh.sk> on 2001/03/22 10:37:54 UTC

Ant - Xalan2 cooperation

Hi,

I have found one strange behaviour you maybe know about, so please explain it to me:

when I start in Ant1.3 task <java> with Xalan2:

<java classname="org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process">
   <classpath>
        <pathelement location="${pathXerces}"/>
        <pathelement location="${pathXalan}"/>
        <pathelement location="${pathBSF}"/>
   </classpath>
   <arg value="-XSL"/>
   <arg value="${srcXsl}/nodeset.xsl"/>
</java>

output is:

XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException): Namespace not supported by SAXParser

Solution is to fork java task to another VM:

<java classname="org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process" fork="yes">

Is it because Ant uses some implementation of XML parser and that one doesn't work with Xalan ? (stupid, eh?)

BTW enviroment CLASSPATH is empty (because I change Xalan version, moving from X1 to X2...)

Sorry, if already known, thanks for ideas,

Roman Filkorn

Re: Ant - Xalan2 cooperation

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
> Roman Filkorn wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have found one strange behaviour you maybe know about, so please
> explain it to me:
>
> when I start in Ant1.3 task <java> with Xalan2:
>
> <java classname="org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process">
>    <classpath>
>         <pathelement location="${pathXerces}"/>
>         <pathelement location="${pathXalan}"/>
>         <pathelement location="${pathBSF}"/>
>    </classpath>
>    <arg value="-XSL"/>
>    <arg value="${srcXsl}/nodeset.xsl"/>
> </java>
>
> output is:
>
> XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
> Namespace not supported by SAXParser
>

> Solution is to fork java task to another VM:
>
> <java classname="org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process" fork="yes">
>

> Is it because Ant uses some implementation of XML parser and that one
> doesn't work with Xalan ? (stupid, eh?)

Yes, I think so.  Can you put xerces.jar and xalan.jar in your CLASSPATH
ahead of ant.jar before executing ant?

Gary