Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Bart Molenkamp <b....@bizzdesign.nl> on 2007/07/19 09:15:52 UTC

Passing the component that is checked to IRoleCheckingStrategy.hasAnyRole()

Hi,

In IRoleCheckingStrategy, the method hasAnyRole() only gets
a collection of roles to check against. Would it be possible
to pass the component that is checked as well?

I'm trying to integrate Wicket with Acegi security, and I
want to let Acegi's AccessDecisionManager check if the
instantiation or action is authorized or not. But I need to
pass the 'secured object', which is the component in my case.

I can provide a patch, if anyone wants it.

Thanks,
Bart.

Re: Passing the component that is checked to IRoleCheckingStrategy.hasAnyRole()

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@chello.nl>.
Hi Bart,

You can study the wicket-auth-roles project to see how you can use
authorization based on roles. Wicket-auth-roles does this at the component
level. Better yet, this (still incomplete but useable) wiki page shows you
how to integrate Acegi with Wicket:
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/acegi-and-wicket-auth-roles.html.

Regards,
    Erik.