Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by All day coders <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/20 18:16:58 UTC

Boolean query

Hi there list! I wonder if it's possible to create a boolean query using the
Nutch API. For instance, i would like to create a query like this:

(site:site1.domaing OR site:site2.domain.org) AND (football)

Is it possible to do something like that? I spent some time searching the
source code but I didn't find anything.

Regards
                    Yoanis.

Re: Boolean query

Posted by Yadu <a1...@yahoo.com>.
It is possible by reforming queries in BasicQueryFilter. I did it for my
proj.

Try following at
http://mlb.mlb.com/search/index.jsp?query=derek%2520-jeter&start=0&hitsPerPage=10&hitsPerSite=0&site=mlb&teamCode=mlb

parenthesis are not supported.

AND => + e.g. derek+jeter
OR => whitespace e.g. derek jeter
NOT => - e.g. derek -jeter
phrasal search => search string in double quotes e.g. "derek jeter"

-Yadu