Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Hirn, Joseph" <Jo...@cmegroup.com> on 2007/10/09 22:53:08 UTC

Maven SCM and clearcase dynamic views and release plug-in

Hello.

I work in an environment which uses clearcase dynamic views. The
homepage for SCM says that there is limited support for dynamic views
but I don't quite understand what the limitations are. Please note, I
only need this information to get the release plugin working.

First of all, why aren't dynamic views supported and are there plans to
support them in the future?

Secondly, can anyone else using dynamic views recommend how to easily
create a snapshot view to use for maven builds or at least recommend a
suitable work around. I'm specifically needing this for the release
plug-in. I'm sure there must be another person using dynamic views and
Maven.

I'm in dire need to get this resolved but I have limited knowledge of CC
and hope that someone on this mailing list has dealth with the problem
in the past. I greatly appreciate any feedback on the topic.

Cheers!

Joe