Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Brick Ma <br...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/05 17:12:19 UTC

python access oracle database

hi all,
I'm using java write little program ,fetching data from oracle database
(jdbc:oci),then
open a spreadsheet to write in using java uno. Java need do lots query
interface,i see that python is quite simple no that query staff.I can use
python shipped with openoffice open a spreadsheet,write data in it,but i
cant access oracle database.
I know there is cx_oracle,but how can i let it work with the python shipped
by openoffice(version3.2)?
any help would be appreciated.

Re: python access oracle database

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
some modules need to be compiled to the python virtual machine, that said,
you could try to install the package manually, usually the README files
will guide you, make sure the python path is correctly setup for the
environment.

https://bitbucket.org/anthony_tuininga/cx_oracle/src/880caaa70dac7969c4f553c26ba44e1996058add/README.txt?at=default#cl-22

--
Alexandro Colorado