Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Simon Lam <si...@dhc.com.cn> on 2000/10/08 03:17:58 UTC

JSP help

Hi!
	I tried to invoke a Bean from JSP. I made it work only if I put the Bean classes in my system classpath. But then I found that Bean classes couldn't be auto-reloaded. How can I make Tomcat auto-reload my Bean classes used in JSP? Thanks in advance.

Regards,                 Z
Simon Lam               Z
               m(_ _)m
Simon Lam(Lin Yang) ICQ:33310990
Email: simonlam@engineer.com
       simonlam@sjtu.edu
 ___ _                  _
/ __(_)_ __  ___ _ _   | |   __ _ _ __
\__ \ | '  \/ _ \ ' \  | |__/ _` | '  \
|___/_|_|_|_\___/_||_| |____\__,_|_|_|_|

Re: JSP help

Posted by Daniel Bruce Lynes <dl...@home.com>.
On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Simon Lam wrote:

> Hi!
> 	I tried to invoke a Bean from JSP. I made it work only if I put the Bean classes in my system classpath. But then I found that Bean classes couldn't be auto-reloaded. How can I make Tomcat auto-reload my Bean classes used in JSP? Thanks in advance.

Ni hao ma?

There's a certain hierarchy your webapp should follow, or you need to do a lot
of extra work (haven't investigated how to do it, when the tree structure isn't
followed yet.)

webapps/project
webapps/project/jsp
webapps/project/WEB-INF
        --- Beans class directory ---
webapps/project/WEB-INF/classes
webapps/project/WEB-INF/classes/path.to.your.package.classes
webapps/project/WEB-INF/lib <-- your jars, wars, ears, and zips
webapps/project/WEB-INF/servlets <-- your servlets
webapps/project/WEB-INF/web.xml <-- your project info
webapps/project/META-INF <-- usually created from a jar, war, or ear

Z�iji�n! :)