Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/18 00:29:46 UTC

[VOTE] first milestone release of Apache Drill (incubating)

We've held a vote on drill-dev to release the first milestone release.

The vote thread can be found here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-drill-dev/201309.mbox/%3CCAKa9qDkMxJp-r8v+ZwabM5E4b5osrypJyp+DuPvq2LR-D70Lqg@mail.gmail.com%3E

The vote passed with

4 x +1 binding votes
7 x +1 non-binding votes

An additional non-binding +1 vote was received after the vote closed.

A summary email can be found here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-drill-dev/201309.mbox/%3CCAKa9qDn1+TnKVP=p_=Lh==mOS=azctUz6_Qvsm4U3Z4gdhHHgQ@mail.gmail.com%3E

The source only release artifactscan be found together with signatures here:

http://people.apache.org/~jacques/apache-drill-1.0.0-m1.rc4/
Please vote on this release

Re: [VOTE] first milestone release of Apache Drill (incubating)

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reviewing at all!  Even more thanks for reviewing when you
should be sleeping.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Benson,

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
+1, binding

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
This vote has been open for nearly 24 hours out of 72 hours and has just
over 48 hours to run.

This is a tickler in case somebody wants to vote, but has been distracted.

The current tally is 4 binding +1, 1 ambiguous, none against.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
It is in version control as per custom.  Drill uses git so it might not be
quite as obvious if you are used to SVN.

See, for instance,

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-drill.git;a=blob;f=KEYS;h=205469b84b8bda60fcb87486182d4fb7caf0485d;hb=HEAD

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Lest anybody not understand my implicit vote:

+1 (binding)

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Wonderful.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 ship it (binding)

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Signature looks good
Hashes looks good

+1 (binding)

Congrats for the first release guys

- Henry

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

On 24 Sep 2013, at 0:42, Ted Dunning wrote:

> - trademarks@ to avoid mixing public and private threads
>
> Christian,
>
> Shane has answered your worry about whether VP Brands has to close the
> name
> search before DRILL can release.
>
> I have created the link you requested on the podling status page.
> Note
> again that the name search was done *a year ago*.  Far from neglecting
> naming issues, this podling has been very far out in front on this
> issue.
> The hangup is entirely with VP Brands.
>
> Release votes are majority votes in any case [1].  I would prefer it
> if we
> had complete consensus here, so if you can update your vote, I would
> appreciate it.

I just updated my vote. I will take care that we put some more work into
the trademark document so this is reflected.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

On 24 Sep 2013, at 0:11, Ted Dunning wrote:

> - moving trademarks@ to bcc to avoid mixing private and public lists
>
> *Christian*,
>
> Do you withdraw this -1 now that Shane has said that we don't have to
> wait
> for PODLINGNAMESEARCH-16 to close?
>
> I will edit the product status page to reflect current (non) progress.

Yes, I withdraw my -1 and give a +1 (I did some more basic checks).
Sorry for holding you up, but I felt it was necessary to apply the
process and see if it is as we wanted it. Thanks also for your help and
patience!

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
Apologies for my... clearly falling down on the job of tracking incoming
PODLINGNAMESEARCHes.  Argh.

Given that this is a mix of public and private lists, I'll just say that
from my perspective, closing PODLINGNAMESEARCH-16 is not necessarily
required before this podling can release software.  So personally I
would not -1 the release vote for this.

I'd like to see if there is follow up discussion on trademarks@ before
commenting more here on a public list, as I know we need to clarify and
especially simplify the naming policies for podlings.

- Shane

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Christian,

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.