Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2005/08/25 12:41:41 UTC

[email] another method signature change in 1.0-rc6

.../target/src/org/apache/turbine/util/velocity/VelocityHtmlEmail.java:191: send() in org.apache.turbine.util.velocity.VelocityHtmlEmail cannot override send() in org.apache.commons.mail.Email; attempting to use incompatible return type
found   : void
required: java.lang.String
    public void send() throws EmailException
                ^
.../target/src/org/apache/turbine/util/velocity/VelocityEmail.java:242: send() in org.apache.turbine.util.velocity.VelocityEmail cannot override send() in org.apache.commons.mail.Email; attempting to use incompatible return type
found   : void
required: java.lang.String
    public void send() throws EmailException
                ^
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
2 errors

Those methods have returned void up to 1.0-rc5. Yet another Turbine
breakage... ;-)

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Re: [email] another method signature change in 1.0-rc6

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> writes:

>Yes,  think we expected to do a couple fixes to Turbine once we hit
>1.0...

It's ok. I just wanted to point it out in case it was unintentional.

	Regards
		Henning

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.