Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Danny McCormick via dev <de...@beam.apache.org> on 2023/11/01 17:09:11 UTC

Re: Beam 2.52.0 Release

I just cut the 2.52.0 release branch
<https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/release-2.52.0>. All commits after
https://github.com/apache/beam/commit/ea8596f2df0e3e4b9da9f215ae6745c2ddfb6612
will
be targeted for a later release.

There is currently still one open release blocker
https://github.com/apache/beam/milestone/16 around a memory leak in the
current proto version used by Python. This isn't a regression from 2.51 (it
started in 2.47), but IMO it is likely severe enough to warrant a
cherry-pick if the protobuf project is able to get the fix into their next
release. We should have some idea of this in the next day or two.

I will next start working on stabilizing the release branch and
(eventually) preparing an RC1.

Thanks,
Danny

Re: Beam 2.52.0 Release

Posted by Danny McCormick via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
Update: all issues mentioned in my last email are resolved and I was able
to get all artifacts for RC published except for the PyPi artifacts (which
I was about to do).

However, during my validation before sending out the voting email I
discovered a breaking change in the Datastore IO caused by
https://github.com/apache/beam/commit/181296dec2a6d6973e7aaa17f2cb0286c9308457
(the default ID wasn't resolving correctly, causing previous usages to
fail).

I added https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/29317 and
https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/29318 to fix the issue on the master
and release branch respectively.

I'm going to work on creating a new release candidate. To avoid issues with
the already published artifacts, I'm going to move to RC2.

Thanks,
Danny

Re: Beam 2.52.0 Release

Posted by Danny McCormick via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.