Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by kotipalli venkatesh <ve...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/03 10:16:26 UTC

Suggest need to reboot the VR/HOST/SSVM/CONSOLEPROXY/INSTANCE

Hi All,

*I have some critical doubts:*

In our CS environmental some of the routers and instance  life is too long
(>500 days) with out rebooting.

1. Cloud you please suggest maximum days need to reboot of the VR and
Instance?
2. Cloud you please suggest maximum days need to reboot of the
Consoleproxy/SSVM ?
3. Cloud you please suggest maximum days need to reboot the
Hypervisor(host)?

Please help me guys i want to know the stranded procedure.

Regards,
Venkatesh.k

Re: Suggest need to reboot the VR/HOST/SSVM/CONSOLEPROXY/INSTANCE

Posted by Makrand <ma...@gmail.com>.
Why would you want to reboot anything, unless you have some issues. If its
working fine, don't fix it. From general IT POV, longer uptimes are greatly
appreciated.

Now specific answer:-
1) rebooting VR really depend on the CS version you have. If you're on
older version of cloudstack, VR tends to face some problem if they are
running for long time (root partition full, unable to handout dhp leases
etc). If there are symptoms, go ahead and reboot

2) Don't see need to reboot other SSVMS or hosts unless some upgrade or
maintenance issues.

Just my two cents.

--
Best,