Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/18 21:05:41 UTC

Extending DataRequestHandler.java?

I'd like plugin my own DataRequestHandlers, but the DataRequestHandler
class seems to be designed to prevent subclassing. Would you consider
changing or accepting a patch to make the protected and package
protected methods into public methods so the class can be extended?

- Dave

Re: Extending DataRequestHandler.java?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Cassie <do...@apache.org> wrote:
> Nah - that's package protected.
> So Dave, I just double checked, you can make all of the DataRequestHandlers
> protected instead of package protected and everything should work dandily
> for your sub class. protected will be better than public.

Yep, protected is better.  Here's a patch:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-394

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.
Nah - that's package protected.
So Dave, I just double checked, you can make all of the DataRequestHandlers
protected instead of package protected and everything should work dandily
for your sub class. protected will be better than public.

- Cassie

Posted by Ropu <ro...@gmail.com>.

--
R o p u