Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/11/24 09:14:34 UTC

Google SEO and meta names

Hi,

I recently put back https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/tools/wiki-files/apache-ofbiz-project-overview.html (actually imported from wiki)

Doing so I noticed we used obsolete meta names and fixed that.

I just had a look at our site. I see

licensed under the Apache License Version 2.0. Being open source under the Apache 2.0 license and driven by a community Apache OFBiz offers both
flexibility by design and by access to code, and a solution where you're not alone but rather can work with many others to get things done."><meta
name="keywords" content="Open Source ERP,Open Source CRM, Open Source E-Commerce,Open Source eCommerce,Open Source POS,Open Source SCM, Open Source
MRP,Open Source CMMS,Open Source EAM,web services,workflow, ebusiness,e-business,ecommerce,e-commerce,automation,enterprise software, open
source,entity engine,service engine,erp,crm,party,accounting,facility, supply,chain,management,catalog,order,project,task,work effort,financial,
ledger,content management,customer,inventory"/>

This is not good for SEO: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/79812?hl=en

So I'll remove the now unused (for a decade) keywords and will shorten our description (160 chars max is recommended)

Let me know if you want I do more

Thanks

Jacques

Re: Google SEO and meta names

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

> I recently put back https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/tools/wiki-files/apache-ofbiz-project-overview.html (actually imported from wiki)
>
> Doing so I noticed we used obsolete meta names and fixed that.
>
> I just had a look at our site. I see

> licensed under the Apache License Version 2.0. Being open source under the Apache 2.0 license and driven by a community Apache OFBiz offers both
> flexibility by design and by access to code, and a solution where you're not alone but rather can work with many others to get things done."><meta
> name="keywords" content="Open Source ERP,Open Source CRM, Open Source E-Commerce,Open Source eCommerce,Open Source POS,Open Source SCM, Open Source
> MRP,Open Source CMMS,Open Source EAM,web services,workflow, ebusiness,e-business,ecommerce,e-commerce,automation,enterprise software, open
> source,entity engine,service engine,erp,crm,party,accounting,facility, supply,chain,management,catalog,order,project,task,work effort,financial,
> ledger,content management,customer,inventory"/>
>
> This is not good for SEO: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/79812?hl=en
>
> So I'll remove the now unused (for a decade) keywords and will shorten our description (160 chars max is recommended)
>
> Let me know if you want I do more
>
> Thanks
>
> Jacques

Done at r1816255

Jacques

Re: Google SEO and meta names

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Pierre,

No, I don't think it needs a ticket. If you think it should please do and I will link

Jacques

Re: Google SEO and meta names

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jacques,