Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by dennis <de...@works4me.com> on 2007/03/01 16:57:07 UTC

client error trying to check out revision

running centos 4.4 (same as rhel 4.4) svn version information follows
the problem description.

I am just trying to check out an older version of a file, and I can't
seem to make it happen.

$ svn co --revision 671 reg_moms.manager.php
svn: Client error in parsing arguments
$ svn co -r 671 reg_moms.manager.php
svn: Client error in parsing arguments
$ svn checkout -r 671 reg_moms.manager.php
svn: Client error in parsing arguments
$ svn checkout --revision "{2007-02-16}" reg_moms.manager.php
svn: Client error in parsing arguments

Note, I was able to access the svn repository from tortoiseSVN under
windows and check out the revision I wanted, but why can't I do it from
linux on the command line?

Here is the svn --version output:
svn, version 1.4.3 (r23084)
   compiled Jan 26 2007, 02:48:57

Copyright (C) 2000-2006 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet
(http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme

Dennis

Re: client error trying to check out revision

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On 3/1/07, dennis <de...@works4me.com> wrote:
> Andy Levy wrote:
> >
> > You aren't passing the URL to the directory where the file is located.
> > You can't check out individual files, only directories, and you have
> > to pass a URL, not a bare filename. See svn help co.
>
> Should I be using update to get a specific revision of one file?
>
> Dennis

Please remember to use Reply To All to keep discussion on the list.

Yes, if you already have a working copy and want to update to an older
revision of a file, it's svn up -r REV <FILENAME>

Or, if you want to check out an older revision, svn co -r REV <URL>

Re: client error trying to check out revision

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.