Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/29 19:38:40 UTC

maven2 license "click through" plugin

I thought I would make whomever cares here aware that someone is in the
process of trying to automate some of the requirements for using libraries
external to Apache within an Apache project when using maven2. (ie lgpl /
etc . .)

If anyone wanted to contribute more input into how/when/if things should be
done now would be a great time. I have a feeling these changes will be
somewhat popular with some Apache projects.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-671

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer

Re: maven2 license "click through" plugin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Note that this is only a build time thing, though the code could
certainly be used in any application to resolve, approve, and
download components optionally at runtime too.

- Brett