Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Oleg <ol...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/17 09:55:26 UTC

multiple contexts

Hi,

I am running Tomcat 5.0.28. Our setup is somewhat similar to Virtual
hosting company. When a new user signs up, user's site is accessible
through localhost.com/user1 and after user registers the domain name
site is also available through user1.com.

My problem is that it seem to be double the load, each application is
deployed twice.

1. Application is deployed by adding a user1.xml file to
conf/Catalina/localhost for localhost.com/user1

2. Application is deployed for domain name bu adding user1.xml to
conf/Catalina/localhost.com/ and making appropriate changes to
server.xml file for a virtual host

Is there a better way to do it? to allow user access to a website both
ways but having the application deploy only once and somehow having
pointers to it?

Thank you for the help
Oleg