Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Howard Watson <ho...@esgw.org> on 2004/01/27 23:59:55 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] How do I grant open permission to a subdirectory who's parent directory has a Require

You probably can't. You'll need a new directory that's not a child, as
in fork. Why do you need a directory branch that supports both open and
authenticated pages?

Howard

>>> httpd@collegepublisher.com 01/27/04 03:34PM >>>
How do I grant open permission to a subdirectory who's parent directory
has
a Require AuthType Basic Require Valid-User by way of .htaccess?????

Can someone please give me the ".htaccess" code I would use to grant
open
permission to a subdirectory who's parent has restrictions? Thanks!
Jon