Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Mattias Arbin <ma...@bstonetech.com> on 2001/05/11 22:59:15 UTC

calls to localhost takes several seconds

I am running the stockquote example. It works, but each call takes several
seconds.
I changed the StockQuoteService, to that it just returns a dummy value.
I also changed the GetQuote.java, so that it makes 10 calls to eliminate
startup/connection issues.
Each call still takes about three seconds.
I use SOAP 1.2 + Xerces 1.2.3 + Orion AS 1.4.8
My internet connection seems to work fine.
Using GLUE, similar applications runs very fast.
Any ideas?
/Mattias

Changes in GetQuote.java:
    for(int i=0;i<10;i++)  {
        System.err.println("Calling...");
        Response resp = call.invoke (/* router URL */ url, /* actionURI */
"" );

        // Check the response.
        if (resp.generatedFault ()) {
          Fault fault = resp.getFault ();
          System.out.println ("Ouch, the call failed: ");
          System.out.println ("  Fault Code   = " + fault.getFaultCode ());
          System.out.println ("  Fault String = " + fault.getFaultString
());
        } else {
          Parameter result = resp.getReturnValue ();
          System.out.println (result.getValue ());
        }
    }

package samples.stockquote;

import java.net.URL;
import java.io.*;
import org.w3c.dom.*;
import org.apache.soap.util.xml.*;

public class StockQuoteService {
  XMLParserLiaison xpl = new XercesParserLiaison ();

  public StockQuoteService()  {
    System.err.println("Creating new StockQuoteService");
  }
  public float getQuote (String symbol) throws Exception {
  	return 123.456f;
  }
}

RE: calls to localhost takes several seconds

Posted by Mattias Arbin <ma...@bstonetech.com>.
I use Xerces 1.2.3. Then it works, except for the problems mentioned in my
posting.
Good luck.
/Mattias

Posted by Mattias Arbin <ma...@bstonetech.com>.