Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com> on 2001/03/14 17:42:06 UTC

builconf APR and httpd2.0

Hi,

I have noted that buildconf of httpd2.0 creates links for the libtool
needed elements and the APR one copies them in the build subdirectory:
+++
$ ls -lt
srclib/apr/build/ltconfig
-rwxr-xr-x   1 VTX3     Spain      97913 Mar 14 16:26
srclib/apr/build/ltconfig
$ ls -l
ltconfig
lrwxrwxrwx   1 VTX3     Spain         33 Mar 14 16:33 ltconfig ->
/usr/local/share/libtool/ltconfig
$
+++

Is this a bug or a Feature?

Cheers

Jean-frederic

Re: builconf APR and httpd2.0

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Means today...

I have retested it. It was not 100% OK, the shlibtool is not created, I
have probably missed a cp.

Find enclosed new patch :=(

Cheers

Jean-frederic

rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> I'll try to get this applied and committed today.  If I don't get to it
> until tomorrow, don't worry, it's on my short list.
>
> Ryan
>
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>
> > Hi Ryan,
> >
> > I have fixed it - It works on my Linux Box -
> >
> > Find enclosed the patch for httpd-2.0
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Jean-frederic
> >
> > rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > >
> > > This is most definately a bug.  APR should have a copy of the libtool
> > > files, and ANY APR application should just use those files.  There is no
> > > reason for httpd-2.0 to create links anyplace, it should just use APR's
> > > version.
> > >
> > > Ryan

> > > _______________________________________________________________________________
> > > Ryan Bloom                              rbb@apache.org
> > > 406 29th St.
> > > San Francisco, CA 94131
> > > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Ryan Bloom                              rbb@apache.org
> 406 29th St.
> San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: builconf APR and httpd2.0

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
I'll try to get this applied and committed today.  If I don't get to it
until tomorrow, don't worry, it's on my short list.

Ryan

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> I have fixed it - It works on my Linux Box -
>
> Find enclosed the patch for httpd-2.0
>
> Cheers
>
> Jean-frederic
>
> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > This is most definately a bug.  APR should have a copy of the libtool
> > files, and ANY APR application should just use those files.  There is no
> > reason for httpd-2.0 to create links anyplace, it should just use APR's
> > version.
> >
> > Ryan
> >
> > On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have noted that buildconf of httpd2.0 creates links for the libtool
> > > needed elements and the APR one copies them in the build subdirectory:
> > > +++
> > > $ ls -lt
> > > srclib/apr/build/ltconfig
> > > -rwxr-xr-x   1 VTX3     Spain      97913 Mar 14 16:26
> > > srclib/apr/build/ltconfig
> > > $ ls -l
> > > ltconfig
> > > lrwxrwxrwx   1 VTX3     Spain         33 Mar 14 16:33 ltconfig ->
> > > /usr/local/share/libtool/ltconfig
> > > $
> > > +++
> > >
> > > Is this a bug or a Feature?
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Jean-frederic
> > >

> > _______________________________________________________________________________
> > Ryan Bloom                              rbb@apache.org
> > 406 29th St.
> > San Francisco, CA 94131

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: builconf APR and httpd2.0

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Hi Ryan,

rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> This is most definately a bug.  APR should have a copy of the libtool
> files, and ANY APR application should just use those files.  There is no
> reason for httpd-2.0 to create links anyplace, it should just use APR's
> version.
>
> Ryan
>
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have noted that buildconf of httpd2.0 creates links for the libtool
> > needed elements and the APR one copies them in the build subdirectory:
> > +++
> > $ ls -lt
> > srclib/apr/build/ltconfig
> > -rwxr-xr-x   1 VTX3     Spain      97913 Mar 14 16:26
> > srclib/apr/build/ltconfig
> > $ ls -l
> > ltconfig
> > lrwxrwxrwx   1 VTX3     Spain         33 Mar 14 16:33 ltconfig ->
> > /usr/local/share/libtool/ltconfig
> > $
> > +++
> >
> > Is this a bug or a Feature?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Jean-frederic

> Ryan Bloom                              rbb@apache.org
> 406 29th St.
> San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: builconf APR and httpd2.0

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
This is most definately a bug.  APR should have a copy of the libtool
files, and ANY APR application should just use those files.  There is no
reason for httpd-2.0 to create links anyplace, it should just use APR's
version.

Ryan

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have noted that buildconf of httpd2.0 creates links for the libtool
> needed elements and the APR one copies them in the build subdirectory:
> +++
> $ ls -lt
> srclib/apr/build/ltconfig
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 VTX3     Spain      97913 Mar 14 16:26
> srclib/apr/build/ltconfig
> $ ls -l
> ltconfig
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 VTX3     Spain         33 Mar 14 16:33 ltconfig ->
> /usr/local/share/libtool/ltconfig
> $
> +++
>
> Is this a bug or a Feature?