Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Nybro Bolding <th...@danskebank.dk> on 2005/04/26 15:55:27 UTC

Vedr.: ISAPI_REDIRECT

>From

http://www.reynir.net/java/greinar/nr/52

If you are using IIS V6, which ships with Windows Server 2003, you must
allow the "Web Service Extension" to operate. Earlier versions of IIS did
not require this step. Using the IIS Internet Services Manager, click on
the Web Services Extensions item in the left hand pane. In the right hand
pane add a new Web Service Extension called, give it a name, and browse
and set the required file for this extension to the isapi_redirect.dll and
set the status to allowed. Then restart IIS.

Best regards Thomas

"Tony Nakamura" <to...@uickarate.com>
26-04-2005 14:47
Besvar venligst til "Tomcat Users List"

        Til:    <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Vedr.:  ISAPI_REDIRECT

Hi,

It seems like ISAPI filter for IIS is a common hurdle for many people to
get it working, and I'm no exception.
My environment is as following:

Tomcat 5.0.28
IIS 6.0
Win 2003 Server
ISAPI_REDIRECT (used isapi_redirect-1.2.10.exe to setup)

I've gone through documentation for IIS 6 and ISAPI_REDIRECT and got the
ISAPI_FILTER in IIS to have a green arrow.  However, it doesn't forward
the request correctly to Tomcat, with IIS logging "Error 404 - File not
Found" error.  Tomcat is working fine on port 8080.

Could anyone give me a direction on what could possibly be wrong?

Thank you,

Tony

<FONT SIZE=1 FACE="Arial">_______________
Vi goer opmaerksom paa, at denne e-mail kan indeholde fortrolig information. Hvis du ved en fejltagelse modtager e-mailen, beder vi dig venligst informere afsender om fejlen ved at bruge svar-funktionen. Samtidig beder vi dig slette e-mailen i dit system uden at videresende eller kopiere den.
Selv om e-mailen og ethvert vedhaeftet bilag efter vores overbevisning er fri for virus og andre fejl, som kan paavirke computeren eller it-systemet, hvori den modtages og laeses, aabnes den paa modtagerens eget ansvar. Vi paatager os ikke noget ansvar for tab og skade, som er opstaaet i forbindelse med at modtage og bruge e-mailen.
_______________
Please note that this message may contain confidential information. If you have received this message by mistake, please inform the sender of the mistake by sending a reply, then delete the message from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies of it.
Although we believe that the message and any attachments are free from viruses and other errors that might affect the computer or IT system where it is received and read, the recipient opens the message at his or her own risk. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this message.
</FONT>

Re: Vedr.: ISAPI_REDIRECT

Posted by Tony Nakamura <to...@uickarate.com>.
Hello Thomas,

Thank for the reply.  I failed to mention, but I've setup the Web Service
Entention to the isapi_redirect.dll and gave an "allow" permission.  I used
isapi_redirect-1.2.10.exe, so it should have setup all of the settings
correctly.  One other weird thing is that isapi_redirect.log does not have
any output.

Thank you,

Tony