Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Ryan Ollos <ry...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/30 17:17:59 UTC

Demo site down

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>
wrote:

> On 28 January 2015 at 21:03, Ryan J Ollos <rj...@apache.org> wrote:
> > I'm seeing a 502 Proxy Error again with the demo sites.
> >
> > I'd log-in and take a look, but I'm waiting to be granted sudo access, so
> > there's probably not much I could do at the moment.
> >

> ​
> Thanks for the nudge. I've just taken ​
> ​the opportunity to update system packages and reboot. The associated
> buildslave is restarted as well so we should be back in busines
> ​s, for now at least.
>
> [...]
> ​
>
> ​Cheers,
>     Gary

It doesn't seem to be sticking. Less than 24 hours after the reboot/restart
the "502 Proxy Error" has returned.

Re: Demo site down

Posted by John Chambers <ch...@apache.org>.
Hi Ryan,

As I am sure you know both demo sites are rebuilt every night via a couple
of buildbot jobs. In the past I have just restarted apache to get them back
online. But it looks like there is an underlying problem that needs to be
addressed.
I will be looking into the demo box setup once I have managed to upgrade
the main bloodhound instance to 0.8.0 and sorted the spam user registration
issues. Which I think is a higher priority.

Cheers

John