Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Igor Chudov <ic...@Algebra.Com> on 2007/07/25 20:18:28 UTC

Bored girls spams

I am receiving a lot of spams from "bored girls", that ask me to email
to some .info email addresses. Just curious what these spams are
promoting, what is the scam behind them?

Re: Bored girls spams

Posted by Anders Norrbring <li...@norrbring.se>.
arni skrev:
> Anders Norrbring schrieb:
>> arni skrev:

>>> probably to verify the addresses they tried because then they gain a
>>> lot of value and can be sold for much more
>>
>> Even more interesting would be, how can we tag them higher in a "safe"
>> way so it won't cause false hits?
>>
>> Anders.
>>
> this is the lowest scoring mail of this type i could find:

> to 100%
>     *      [score: 1.0000]
>     *  0.0 BOTNET_BADDNS Relay doesn't have full circle DNS
>     *      [botnet_baddns,ip=190.8.157.162,rdns=helo=]
>     *  3.0 BOTNET Relay might be a spambot or virusbot
>     *      [botnet0.7,ip=190.8.157.162,hostname=helo=,baddns]
>     *  0.0 DKIM_POLICY_SIGNSOME Domain Keys Identified Mail: policy says
> domain
>     *       signs some mails
>     *  0.0 DATE_IN_PAST_03_06 Date: is 3 to 6 hours before Received: date
>     *  1.5 IXHASH BODY: This mail has been classified as spam @ iX
> Magazine,
>     *      Germany
>     *  1.5 LOGINHASH2 BODY: mail has been classified as spam @ unknown
> company,
>     *       Germany
>     *  1.5 LOGINHASH1 BODY: mail has been classified as spam @
> LogIn&Solutions
>
> arni
>     *      AG, Germany

Hmm.. I should start using botnet.. :)

Re: Bored girls spams

Posted by arni <ma...@arni.name>.

Re: Bored girls spams

Posted by Anders Norrbring <li...@norrbring.se>.

Re: Bored girls spams

Posted by arni <ma...@arni.name>.

Re: Bored girls spams

Posted by SM <sm...@resistor.net>.
At 11:18 25-07-2007, Igor Chudov wrote:
>I am receiving a lot of spams from "bored girls", that ask me to email

It may be your lucky day. Did you reply to them? :-)

>to some .info email addresses. Just curious what these spams are
>promoting, what is the scam behind them?

It's a good way to build up an address list of prospective customers.

Regards,
-sm