Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ashish Jain <aj...@isye.gatech.edu> on 2003/01/24 22:29:31 UTC

Deploying servelts

Hi,
     Could you please tell me how to deploy servlets? What I am doing is
the following.

1) I have installed the apache/tomcat4.1.12 on Unix machine.
2) Then I have created rps subdirectory in directory webapps.
3) RPS subdirectory contains two folders first "grasite" containing html
files. I have copied WEB-INF directory in "examples" directory to RPS.
4) Now I have added all my servlets in classes folder in rps/WEB-INF

and now if tries to run these servlets apache server is not able to find
these files.

could you please tell me, if I want to keep all my stuff in a separate
directory(rps in my case) where should I put servlets(java classes) and
what settings need to be done in order to server be able to recognise the
location of my servlets.

Thanks
Ashish

> 1) I have installed the apache/tomcat4.1.12 on Unix machine.
> 2) Then I have created rps subdirectory in directory webapps.
> 3) RPS subdirectory contains two folders first "grasite" containing html
> files. I have copied WEB-INF directory in "examples" directory to RPS.
> 4) Now I have added all my servlets in classes folder in rps/WEB-INF

Make sure that you have the proper <servlet> and <servlet-mapping> tags in
the web.xml file.

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>YourServlet</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>com.pkg.YourServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>YourServlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/YourServlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Ensure your classes are in the WEB-INF/classes directory, and be happy.

You should look at the documentation about how to structure your application
on the Tomcat site and perhaps reorganize your project if practical to suit
it.

Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh@msoft.com)

Re: Deploying servelts

Posted by vim m <vi...@yahoo.com>.
You will be better of using Ant. Check this website
for more details.
http://ant.apache.org/index.html