Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sc...@lotus.com on 2001/03/31 01:36:38 UTC

Re: 1.3.1 w/ Xalan 2.0.0 Breaks XPath

> If it helps, the xerces-j team now posts it's release plans in CVS (see
xml-xerces/java/RELEASE-PLAN-1.x).

Thanks, I didn't know that.  That's a big help, and should at least allow
us to better plan our own releases.  :-)

-scott

                    Lisa
                    Martin@IBMCA         To:     Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus@Lotus
                                         cc:     xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org
                    03/30/2001           Subject:     Re: 1.3.1 w/ Xalan 2.0.0 Breaks XPath(Document link: Scott
                    05:01 PM             Boag)

Hi Scott,
If it helps, the xerces-j team now posts it's release plans in CVS (see
xml-xerces/java/RELEASE-PLAN-1.x).    The 1.3.1 release plan was put in
place a month or 2 ago (and, we actually published the build on the planned
date :-)), and we're working on a 1.4 release plan now (date TBD).   So,
this will give you some idea when we plan to roll out new releases, and
what the content will be.
I suppose a heads-up from our group to the other subprojects a few days
prior to a release build isn't a bad idea.    We'll keep that in mind in
the future.
Lisa.

Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus@Lotus on 03/29/2001 11:10:31 PM

Please respond to xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org

To:   xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org
cc:   "Dwayne Schultz" <dw...@altusi.net>
Subject:  Re: 1.3.1 w/ Xalan 2.0.0 Breaks XPath

Ah... let me take this opportunity...

It would be great if the Xerces developers could give a heads-up to the
other projects a few days before doing a release, so we can do some extra
integration testing beyond what our smoketest does in Gump, and also so we
can coordinate our releases with yours.  We happened to be doing our 2.0.1
release when we heard you were doing your 1.3.1 release.  By that time it
was too late to do testing with the new Xerces release.

Dwayne, can you do a small reproduction of this problem and send it to the
xalan-dev list?  I was unaware of any problems, though to tell you the
truth we don't have any tests that do schema processing.

-scott

                    "Dwayne Schultz"

                    <dwayne.schultz@a        To:     "Apache Xerces J User"
<xe...@xml.apache.org>
                    ltusi.net>               cc:     (bcc: Scott
Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                                             Subject:     1.3.1 w/ Xalan
2.0.0 Breaks XPath
                    03/21/2001 11:24

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    xerces-j-user

I just downloaded 1.3.1 and found my calls to XPath in Xalan 2.0.0 stopped
working.  I am calling org.apache.xpath.XPathAPI.selectSingleNode and I am
always getting null returned.

My document is validated with an .xsd and it does have namespaces.  I was
using 1.3.0 before.

Any help is much appreciated!