Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Chameera Wijebandara <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/27 09:03:10 UTC

Getting Involved

Hi All,

I am currently undergraduate i university of Moratuwa. I am highly
interesting machine learning big data and related algorithms. I am happy to
contribute to Mahout. Can you please show me the path i want to follow.

Thanks
Chameera Wijebandara,
Undergraduate Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka.

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 11:05:00 +0100
Sebastian Schelter <ss...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> A very good way to get involved would be to play with some of Mahout's
> functionality (e.g. the recommenders) and write an easy-to-follow
> tutorial about that, which we can put on our wiki then.

Or on the main web page even. There's several section on
classification, clustering and recommenders on http://mahout.apache.org
none of which is perfect.

Isabel

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Chameera Wijebandara <ch...@gmail.com>.
Done
Sory for the mistack

http://chameerawijebandara.wordpress.com/2014/01/03/install-mahout-in-ubuntu-for-beginners/

Thanks
    Chameera

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Chameera Wijebandara <ch...@gmail.com>.
Nicolas,

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Nicolas Embleton <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chameera,

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Chameera Wijebandara <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Chameera Wijebandara <ch...@gmail.com>.
Nicolas,

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Roger Jonsson <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Very useful, we should link to it from our wiki!

I have one suggestion, have the users build mahout with  mvn -DskipTests
install instead of mvn install, otherwise they have to wait for the
tests to finish, which is awfully long and not necessary if you didn't
change anything.

Furthermore, I collected a few typos that you should fix:

Oracal -> Oracle

As an example i have use -> As an example i have used

use corresponding namin convention -> use the corresponding naming
convention

into /usr/local/lib/  Directory. -> into /usr/local/lib/ directory.

Verify installation is successful. -> Verify that the installation is
successful.

Go to the directory you want to install MAHOUT -> Go to the directory
into which you want to install MAHOUT

If you got this massage you have successfully build Mahout -> If you got
this massage you have successfully built Mahout

All the build files are in …/trunk/trager directory. -> All the build
files are in the …/trunk/target directory.

Thank you for the contribution!

--sebastian

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Nicolas Embleton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Chameera Wijebandara <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I have wrote simple blog post explaining how configure Mahout in Ubuntu.
Can you please tell me  are there any thing to improve in
this<http://chameerawijebandara.wordpress.com/2014/01/03/install-mahout-in-ubuntu-for-biginers/>
 blog post.

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Chameera Wijebandara <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Tharindu.
Got it :)

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Tharindu Rusira <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Chameera Wijebandara <ch...@gmail.com>.
Tharindu,

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Tharindu Rusira <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chameera,

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 01, 2014 at 10:21:55PM +0530, Chameera Wijebandara wrote:
> I have successfully build mahout from source. But still i couldnt find
> build files to import to my project(Net beans). pls help me to make my fist
> step with mahout.

Please check the Netbeans docs on how to import maven projects. I'm not a Netbeans user but am certain a quick Google search can help you here.

Isabel
--
Sorry for any typos: Mail was typed in vim, written in mutt, via ssh (most likely involving some kind of mobile connection only.)

Re: Getting Involved

Posted by Chameera Wijebandara <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Getting Involved