Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Hans Liebenberg <ha...@cambrient.com> on 2007/03/30 09:52:28 UTC

Fetchmail and Servernames list confusion

Hi,

I am using fetchmail to fetch from a domain "xxxx.co.za"

According to the James config.xml docs....

      <!-- Warning: If you are using fetchmail it is important to
include the -->
      <!-- fetched domains in the server name list to prevent
looping.       -->
      <servernames autodetect="true" autodetectIP="true">
<!-- *********** -->
         <servername>xxxx.co.za</servername>
         <servername>localhost</servername>
      </servernames>

Which I thought seemed strange as xxxx.co.za is a remote domain, but I
added it regardless.
Now each time you attempt to send a message to bob@xxxx.co.za it goes
straight into the address-error folder as I guess it tries to find bob
as a local address.

So am I correct in saying that the docs "<!-- Warning: If you are using
fetchmail it is important to include the -->
      <!-- fetched domains in the server name list to prevent
looping.       -->" are either incorrect or confusing??

I fixed my problem by simply removing the domain from the config

Thanks
Hans