Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Derek <de...@comcast.net> on 2004/04/12 06:34:47 UTC

[Struts Workflow] help on workflow violation handling

I need some guidance and/or an example of how to achieve this...

I have a multi-page wizard that uses a form bean (in the session) per
page.  "Next" and "Back" buttons submit to the same Action which is
necessary to save all data entered into the form beans.  On a workflow
violation, I want the user to remain on the same wizard page that they
were on and just display a message about the violation.  It seems that
when any violation occurs, no matter which page the user is on, the
violation "handler" is called, the data in the session is removed and
all workflows and states are removed.  When running the demo
application, it seems that the behavior is what I want but I can't seem
to duplicate it in my application. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  derek