Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tony Dean <To...@sas.com> on 2006/02/01 01:25:57 UTC

[Axis2] services.xml

Hi,

Can anyone answer a few simple questions:

1) I don't think this is possible, but wanted to ask.  Can you define more than one service in services.xml?

2) I have seen serviceGroups defined, but do not know their exact purpose (somehow relating services together)?
Couldn't find any documentation on the subject.

3) Can the service implementation class reside in lib/my.jar or does it have to be in top level class?  I assume
it can be in a bundled jar in the .aar just like other dependent jars (assuming classloading is working properly),
but haven't tried it.  I have always deployed with the implementation class unjar'ed.

Thanks.

Tony Dean
SAS Institute Inc.
919.531.6704
tony.dean@sas.com

SAS... The Power to Know
http://www.sas.com

Re: [Axis2] services.xml

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

Tony Dean wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can anyone answer a few simple questions:
>
>1) I don't think this is possible, but wanted to ask.  Can you define more than one service in services.xml?

Yes, thats the reason why it was renamed to services.xml from service.xml.

>2) I have seen serviceGroups defined, but do not know their exact purpose (somehow relating services together)?
>Couldn't find any documentation on the subject.

Yep, it is to categorize related services together so that one can share
some information across services using ServiceGroupContext.

>3) Can the service implementation class reside in lib/my.jar or does it have to be in top level class?  I assume
>it can be in a bundled jar in the .aar just like other dependent jars (assuming classloading is working properly),
>but haven't tried it.  I have always deployed with the implementation class unjar'ed.

I think yes. You can put the service impl classes as a jar in lib folder.

-- Chinthaka

Re: [Axis2] services.xml

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
hi Tony