Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Dinesh Chitlangia <di...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/24 00:08:33 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.4.2-alpha RC0

Hi Folks,

We have put together RC0 for Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.4.2-alpha.

The RC artifacts are at:
https://home.apache.org/~dineshc/ozone-0.4.2-alpha-rc0/

The public key used for signing the artifacts can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/KEYS

The maven artifacts are staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1256

The RC tag in git is at:
https://github.com/apache/hadoop-ozone/tree/ozone-0.4.2-alpha-RC0

This release contains 671 fixes/improvements [1].
Thanks to everyone who put in the effort to make this happen.

*The vote will run for 7 days, ending on Jan 30th 2019 at 11:59 pm PST.*
Note: This release is alpha quality, it’s not recommended to use in
production but we believe that it’s stable enough to try out the feature
set and collect feedback.

[1] https://s.apache.org/ozone-0.4.2-fixed-issues

Thanks,
Dinesh

Re: [VOTE] Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.4.2-alpha RC0

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <di...@gmail.com>.
The vote ended with lone vote of 0 from Marton.

As highlighted by Marton, artifacts with Snapshot dependencies can't be
uploaded to Maven Central, we will roll out a new RC after ratis-0.5 has
been released.
Issue of missing README will also be addressed in the new RC.

Thank you.
Dinesh

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <di...@gmail.com>.