Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Dominik Karall <do...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/13 16:04:31 UTC

Oracle JDBC Connection

Hi,
I would like to use JMeter in our company for webinterface testing in
connection with database. At the moment I try to get an small proof of
concept for database testing, but it doesn't work. My steps I have
done so far:
1) created an oracle jdbc connection
 - jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:dbname
 - oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
2) created select statement with a simple
 SELECT * FROM TABLENAME
3) added simple data writer object for output

When I run the test, I get following error in the output file:
<sample t="0" lt="0" ts="1184316353328" s="false" lb="SELECT from
ServiceNo" rc="" rm="java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00911: invalid
character
" tn="Thread Group 1-1" dt="text" by="0"/>

Changing the connection url to jdbc:oracle:thin:@//localhost:1521/dbname i get:
<sample t="0" lt="0" ts="1184315626578" s="false" lb="SELECT from
ServiceNo" rc="" rm="java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the
connection with the following error:
ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested
in connect descriptor
The Connection descriptor used by the client was:
//localhost:1521/dbname
" tn="Thread Group 1-1" dt="text" by="0"/>

Could you give me some hints on solving this problem please?

Thanks in advance!

cheers,
dominik

Re: Oracle JDBC Connection

Posted by Dominik Karall <do...@gmail.com>.
thank you keerat!!
it works now :)

cheers,
dominik

Re: Oracle JDBC Connection

Posted by keerat <ke...@gmail.com>.

http://recursor.blogspot.com

Re: Oracle JDBC Connection

Posted by Dominik Karall <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Oracle JDBC Connection

Posted by Dominik Karall <do...@gmail.com>.
ah, ok, thank you for the information Allan!
I will check those parameters on monday at work.

so long, thank you for your help!

cheers,
dominik

2007/7/13, allan.hagan@bt.com <al...@bt.com>:
> Dominik,
>
> It's basically what it says: the oracle Listener on your machine cannot
> find a database dbname. Have you created database dbname successfully?
> Can you run the same query from sqlplus and get a successful answer?
> Have you got an entry for dbname in your local TNSNAMES.ORA file
> /ORACLE_HOME/NETWORK/ADMIN/TNSNAMES.ORA?
>
> This is nothing to do with Jmeter it's an Oracle communications issue.
>
> Regards,
>
> Allan

RE: Oracle JDBC Connection

Posted by al...@bt.com.