Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Scott Wegner <sw...@google.com> on 2018/04/17 22:15:29 UTC

Gradle Status [April 17th]

Gradle migration continues. Our last update was on April 13th, and since
then there has been significant progress:

Release artifacts:
* Upgrade to latest Gradle PR5104
* Remove evaluationDependsOn and use shaded test jars PR5117
* Nightly java snapshot release fixed by PR5136 and PR 5142 and now passing

PreCommits / Postcommits:
* Add better Gradle documentation for quickstarts PR5115
* Python Precommit failures due to environment inconsistencies being
temporarily repaired (PR 5149)
* Porting of Python postcommit to a Gradle task instead of a shell script
(PR 5155, PR 5146)
* Increase parallelism to deflake Dataflow postcommits PR5143
* Fix Spark quickstarts PR5151
* Restrict Jenkins host machines due to environmental issues PR5149

Documentation / IDE Setup:
* Update Eclipse documentation for Gradle PR419

Performance Benchmarks:
* Add Gradle run task to Nexmark PR5051
* Update performance testing framework to use Gradle PR5003
* Rebuild before running Performance tests PR5153

We continue to track migration blockers as sub-tasks in BEAM-3249, which is
now available as a Kanban board: https://s.apache.org/beam-gradle-migration.
To summarize the work left for migration:

* Validate metadata in release pom file and jars.
* Update release guide documentation
* Fix Jenkins flakiness caused by Gradle
* Convert benchmark jobs to use Gradle
--

Got feedback? http://go/swegner-feedback