Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1997/12/30 06:06:37 UTC

dumb MSVC++ on NT questions...

How exactly do you build the apache binary without using nmake and
Makefile.nt?  I can do it fine that way, and with bash and vi that is my
preferred way (well, except for the lack of a man command...) but surely
the gee whiz build environment must be able to do it.  I can only make it
build the dll...

I don't even want to mention installing the thing (can you say 6 hours to
make RAS work?) or why I have to disable "always on top" on my taskbar to
make it "always on top".

Re: dumb MSVC++ on NT questions...

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Marc Slemko wrote:

> How exactly do you build the apache binary without using nmake and
> Makefile.nt?  I can do it fine that way, and with bash and vi that is my
> preferred way (well, except for the lack of a man command...) but surely
> the gee whiz build environment must be able to do it.  I can only make it
> build the dll...

To build Apache.exe, open Apache.dsp (as a workspace) then build.

> I don't even want to mention installing the thing (can you say 6 hours to
> make RAS work?) or why I have to disable "always on top" on my taskbar to
> make it "always on top".

You do? That's pretty peculiar!

Cheers,

Ben.