Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by franck102 <fr...@yahoo.com> on 2017/09/04 08:54:44 UTC

Re: Custom SecurityCredentialsProvider and SecurityCredentials

I can implement my own flavor of SecurityCredentialsProvider yes.
But the Ignite code will not use it no matter what I do - unless I missed
something.

Franck

Re: Custom SecurityCredentialsProvider and SecurityCredentials

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Frank,

Sorry for late response. SecurityCredentialsProvider is not used in Ignite
code because Ignite doesn't provide any implementations of SecurityProcessor
out of the box. If you want to make your cluster secure, you need to
implement it and configure as a part of your own custom plugin. There are
also 3rd party solutions like GridGain that provide such implementations as
paid offerings.

-Val

Re: Custom SecurityCredentialsProvider and SecurityCredentials

Posted by franck102 <fr...@yahoo.com>.
What is even more confusing is that SecurityCredentialsProvider is in fact
only used in GridClient and GridTcpRouter configurations. If I understans
correctly GridClient is in turn only used by the cmd line client, and by the
deprecated legacy jdbc connection.

So, what is the proper strategy for supplying custom credentials or better a
custom credential provider for a client node?
The only way I see is to get locNode.attributes to contain a
org.apache.ignite.security.cred  key however that can't even be set from
user attributes in the configuration...

Franck