Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ioan Eugen Stan <ie...@netdava.com> on 2017/06/01 13:41:22 UTC

composum upload does not update jcr:lastModified for files and images

Hello,

I have posted this issue on the composum issue tracker [0], but not sure
where is the right place so I'm posting it here as well.

I'm using the latest sling-launchpad
org.apache.sling.launchpad-9-20170531.170627-12089.jar with composum
browser.

I use the browser to create a |nt:file| image |content/hello.png|. I can
preview the image.
After that I upload a new image by double clicking on the jcr:data and
using the upload dialog there.

Using the preview button on |jcr:content| node, I can see the new image.
Using preview on the |hello.png| file shows the old version.

Also, viewing the image on the public link displayes the old image as
well [1]

One workaround is to manually change the |jcr:lastModified| property of
the 'jcr:content' node.
That way, the image is updated.

The same thing happens with file updates as well. Editing a file via the
composum web interface does not change the contents in the public link,
unless you update the jcr:lastModified proeprty.

[0] https://github.com/ist-dresden/composum/issues/84

[1] http://localhost:8080/content/hello.png

Re: composum upload does not update jcr:lastModified for files and images

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2017-06-12 at 18:44 +0300, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>

> Thanks for the suggestions. I got a reply on Composum github
> issues[1]
>
> It seems Composum does not update related properties by default. If I
> change jcr:data via upload, only jcr:data is updated.
>
> In the reply, it says it is fixed in Composum 1.8, just released. I
> did
> not check it.

Good to know, thanks for getting back on this.

Robert

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <ie...@netdava.com>.
Hello Robert,

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Eugen,

On Thu, 2017-06-01 at 16:41 +0300, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have posted this issue on the composum issue tracker [0], but not
> sure
> where is the right place so I'm posting it here as well.
>
> I'm using the latest sling-launchpad
> org.apache.sling.launchpad-9-20170531.170627-12089.jar with composum
> browser.
>
> I use the browser to create a |nt:file| image |content/hello.png|. I
> can
> preview the image.
> After that I upload a new image by double clicking on the jcr:data
> and
> using the upload dialog there.
>
> Using the preview button on |jcr:content| node, I can see the new
> image.
> Using preview on the |hello.png| file shows the old version.
>
> Also, viewing the image on the public link displayes the old image as
> well [1]
>
> One workaround is to manually change the |jcr:lastModified| property
> of
> the 'jcr:content' node.
> That way, the image is updated.
>

> The same thing happens with file updates as well. Editing a file via
> the
> composum web interface does not change the contents in the public
> link,
> unless you update the jcr:lastModified proeprty.

From your description this sounds like a composum issue. Out of