Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io> on 2020/03/05 17:04:53 UTC

[DISCUSS] RFC: How management rest API GET request deals with entities in multiple groups

Hi everyone,

I would like to summarize what the management REST GET request would return
if the entity exists in multiple groups. The linked RFC[1] has all the
details.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Group+Configuration+in+Management+Rest+API
--
Cheers

Jinmei

Re: [DISCUSS] RFC: How management rest API GET request deals with entities in multiple groups

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.
+1 to the proposal. As Charlie said, groups are a core geode concept. But I
think it's reasonable for this "GET /management/v1/regions/" rest include
list of all the different group configurations for that region. Looks good!

BTW - maybe send the RFC to the dev@geode list?

-Dan

Posted by Charlie Black <cb...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Aaron Lindsey <aa...@apache.org>.
Do we know if groups is a very commonly used feature? If not, I’d lean toward trying to keep it out of the API as much as possible so that the API is simpler. Just my $0.02.

Some questions about the contents of the RFC:
- Could you provide justification for the answers you provided to (1) and (2)? It’s not obvious to me why you chose those answers.
- Which "REST specs" are you referring to? There is no canonical REST spec as far as I’m aware.

Aaron