Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Dong Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/09 06:40:28 UTC

TS can only be built on 32bit pentium cpu?

I have found "-m32" and "-march=pentium" in configure.ac

Does it means that TS can only be build with 32bit pentium CPU?

I am trying to build it in 32bit, then run the compiled binary in another
64bit machine.
But my CPU is Xero, not pentium. Does it matter or not?

Re: TS can only be built on 32bit pentium cpu?

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Yes, we need to have support for 64-bit CAS instructions for atomic
operations.  I don't think these were available before pentium/i586.

-Bryan

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 11/08/2009 10:40 PM, Dong Wang wrote:
> I have found "-m32" and "-march=pentium" in configure.ac
> <http://configure.ac>
>
> Does it means that TS can only be build with 32bit pentium CPU?
>

> I am trying to build it in 32bit, then run the compiled binary in
> another 64bit machine.
> But my CPU is Xero, not pentium. Does it matter or not?

Yeah, we're working on this. There's a patch in the process of being
landed, which you can try if you like:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-13

-- Leif