Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com> on 2014/07/01 10:39:24 UTC

[REQUEST] help needed on newly submitted issues

Hi,

in order to assure that we address the serious defects in our planned
4.1.1 release I would like to request help on newly submitted issues.

My issue query for issues which had been submitted since our 4.1.0
release and which are not solved contain more than 200 issues. Most of
them are in status unconfirmed and several of them have subjects which
indicate that they are critical.

In order to support the developers it would be really great, if these
issues could be reviewed:
- check, if the issue can be reproduced --> status confirmed
-- if not reproducible, ask for more information --> keyword needmoreinfo
- check, if the issue is a duplicate --> resolve as duplicate
- check, if the issue is a regression to a recent release - e.g. no
defect in 4.0.0 or/and 4.0.1, but not in 4.1.0 --> adjust version field
- give attention to issues which seem to be serious enough to be
considered for the next release.

Thanks in advance,
Oliver.

Re: [REQUEST] help needed on newly submitted issues

Posted by Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com>.
     Hi Oliver,

it would help to add a link to that query, if possible I would guess.

Sincerely,
     Armin

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

On 07/02/2014 12:08 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 01.07.2014 23:26, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 1:39 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <
>> orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> in order to assure that we address the serious defects in our planned
>>> 4.1.1 release I would like to request help on newly submitted issues.
>>>
>>> My issue query for issues which had been submitted since our 4.1.0
>>> release
>>> and which are not solved contain more than 200 issues. Most of them
>>> are in
>>> status unconfirmed and several of them have subjects which indicate that
>>> they are critical.
>>>
>>> In order to support the developers it would be really great, if these
>>> issues could be reviewed:
>>> - check, if the issue can be reproduced --> status confirmed
>>> -- if not reproducible, ask for more information --> keyword
>>> needmoreinfo
>>> - check, if the issue is a duplicate --> resolve as duplicate
>>> - check, if the issue is a regression to a recent release - e.g. no
>>> defect
>>> in 4.0.0 or/and 4.0.1, but not in 4.1.0 --> adjust version field
>>> - give attention to issues which seem to be serious enough to be
>>> considered for the next release.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Oliver.
>>>

>> Do you have a public saved search for this or should we just reference
>> the
>> BZ messages to dev since the 4.1.0 release?
>>

> I have no public saved query, but you can use the following URL.
> It is long as it contain all the search criteria which I am using and
> thus reflects my perferences for such a view on these issues:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ACCEPTED&bug_status=REOPENED&chfield=[Bug%20creation]&chfieldfrom=2014-04-28&chfieldto=Now&columnlist=product%2Ccomponent%2Cversion%2Ckeywords%2Cop_sys%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_status%2Cresolution%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate&f1=cf_bug_type&f2=product&f3=product&f4=version&known_name=OpenSubmittedSince410&list_id=153560&o1=equals&o2=notequals&o3=notequals&o4=notsubstring&query_based_on=OpenSubmittedSince410&query_format=advanced&v1=DEFECT&v2=Infrastructure&v3=Build%20Tools&v4=4.2.0
>

> Best regards, Oliver.

OK, thanks. I will try this url and work on these.

Re: [REQUEST] help needed on newly submitted issues

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,