Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by robert ostermann <bo...@rtquotes.com> on 1997/02/10 17:30:02 UTC

general/168: changed behavior under 1.2b6 vs 1.2b2 in response to cgi requests

>Number:         168
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       changed behavior under 1.2b6 vs 1.2b2 in response to cgi requests
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
under 1.2b2, a cgi file (with arguments) could be invoked as:

http://www.rtquotes.com/cgi/htc?MNH

this would be passed to the htc process with argv (as well as the env var
QUERY_STRING) set to 'MNH'. Under 1.2b6 it results in a 500 error, and the
cgi file is never invoked. the error log says 'access to /web/cgi/htc failed
for 206.79.208.129, reason: Premature end of script headers'
>How-To-Repeat:
I cannot put both servers up for testing, but I'm available for debugging.