Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by EricGeode <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/20 23:52:24 UTC

Re: [VOTE RESULT] Does ActiveMQ 4.2 client jar support Java 1.4?

Has anyone actually got this to work?

I tried this (retrofitted apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator.jar), but still
cannot run under 1.4. ClassNotFound exception in a Native method.

This is the code I'm trying to run:
		BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
		broker.setUseJmx(true);
		broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616");   // <-- This triggers the
error
		broker.start();

My company creates software for other companies. We cannot control what Java
version they run.

Eric
...snip
Any particular reason why you are stuck on 1.4?

FWIW it should be easy to run retrotranslator on the jars to produce
1.4 compatible jars
http://retrotranslator.sourceforge.net/

...snip

Re: [VOTE RESULT] Does ActiveMQ 4.2 client jar support Java 1.4?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 2/20/07, EricGeode <ge...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Has anyone actually got this to work?
>
> I tried this (retrofitted apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator.jar), but still
> cannot run under 1.4. ClassNotFound exception in a Native method.

Have you got a stack trace?

--

James
-------