Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Glenn Golden <gg...@umich.edu> on 2002/03/04 20:37:38 UTC

accessing a portlet's content without the controller

Hey developers -

Is there any way to make available to a (screen) template (something like
Maximize.vm) the contents of a particular portlet without the portlet
control?

Something like the JetspeedTool's getPortlet(), but using the portlet
itself, not the containing control?

I can see adding a method to the JetspeedTool, extending the object, and
using the extended object in the tr.p:

tool.request.jetspeed=org.apache.jetspeed.util.template.JetspeedToolExtended

but before I do this, I want to know if there's an already done easier way!

Thanks.

- Glenn

ggolden@umich.edu <ma...@umich.edu>                734-615-1419
http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~ggolden/