Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Bae, Jae Hyeon" <me...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/20 07:32:32 UTC

Which properties should I sync if I want to increase message.max.bytes?

If I want to increase message.max.bytes up to 10MB *with compression*, Are
there any properties I sync except the following two properties?

- broker's message.max.bytes
- consumer's fetch.message.max.bytes

What about replica.message.max.bytes?

Thank you
Best, Jae

Re: Which properties should I sync if I want to increase message.max.bytes?

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you need to increase replica.message.max.bytes too since it controls
the fetcher used for internal replication.

Thanks,

Jun