Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gintare Ragaisiene <gi...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/24 13:50:38 UTC

Add custom servlet on cocoon 2.2.0 startup

Hi,

   I need to initialize a servlet like

public class TestServlet extends HttpServlet{

    @Override
        super.init(config);

        System.out.println("TestServlet");
    }

}

on cocoon 2.2 startup.

Some servlets is set up in cocoon_home/target/rct/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml. If
I edit that web.xml to add servlet, after server restart input disappear.

Thanks,
Gintare

Re: Add custom servlet on cocoon 2.2.0 startup

Posted by Dominic Mitchell <do...@happygiraffe.net>.
2009/11/24 Gintare Ragaisiene <gi...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
>    I need to initialize a servlet like
>
> public class TestServlet extends HttpServlet{
>
>     @Override
>     public void init(ServletConfig config) throws ServletException {
>         super.init(config);
>
>         System.out.println("TestServlet");
>     }
>
> }
>
> on cocoon 2.2 startup.
>
> Some servlets is set up in cocoon_home/target/rct/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml.
> If I edit that web.xml to add servlet, after server restart input disappear.

I *think* that you need to make your servlet into a Spring bean.  If you add
to your existing META-INF/cocoon/spring/servlet-service-framework.xml file:

  <bean name="myservlet" class="com.example.MyServlet">
    <servlet:context mount-path="/myBlock1"
context-path="blockcontext:/myBlock1/"/>
  </bean>

It may work.  I'm not too familiar with the servlet service framework, and I
haven't tested this.  :-(

-Dom